skip to main content

Enrolment information for visa holders

If you need a visa to study at 网赌正规网站网址, we'll ask you to provide some additional information to us during your enrolment. You won't be able to join or continue your course until we've seen everything that we've asked you for.

It's important to remember we're not able to enrol you if you don't have the correct immigration status or if you can't prove you have applied for a new visa.

We will have sent you an email that tells you the information that we'll need to see based on your individual circumstances. We recommend that you check this email carefully as you prepare for your enrolment.

Here you'll find some general guidance about what you'll be asked to provide as part of your enrolment.

Extending your visa within the UK?

Remember we won't be able to enrol you if you can't prove you have the correct immigration status to study with us.

If you're extending your visa within the UK at the time of your enrolment appointment, you must first upload the documents we list in this section to your 网赌正规网站网址 Portal as proof that you have submitted an in-time visa application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

You need to upload:

  1. your document checklist from your new visa application to UKVI. You can download an example UKVI document checklist (PDF 123KB) if you're unsure what yours may look like.
  2. an electronic copy of your current visa which must have been valid at the time you submitted your new application
  3. your appointment confirmation for your biometric enrolment appointment with the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS). You can download an example UKVCAS appointment confirmation (PDF 375KB) if you're unsure what yours may look like.

If you haven't booked your biometric enrolment appointment with UKVCAS or you haven't yet attended an appointment that is booked for a future date, you must upload your appointment confirmation to your 网赌正规网站网址 Portal when you have it.

Lastly, as soon as you've received confirmation from UKVI that your new visa application has been successful, you must upload a copy of this confirmation to your 网赌正规网站网址 Portal.

Not a Tier 4 Visa holder?

If your visa is not a Tier 4 visa, you will be asked to upload additional documentation to your 网赌正规网站网址 Portal to prove you have the correct immigration status.

Here is some general guidance about the types of documentation you may be asked for. If any of the documents are not originally in English they must be officially translated.

Dependent visa

If your visa shows you are dependent upon a person, you must upload:

  • proof of the person that you are a dependent of. This can be a copy of the persons entry vignette (sticker), Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card, or a letter from the Home Office which shows you as a dependent;
  • proof that the person you are a dependent of is exercising their right of residence in the UK. This can be a recent letter from their employer or education institute, a tenancy agreement or evidence of self-employment.

Sponsored visa

If your visa shows that you are sponsored by someone else, you must upload a letter from your sponsor confirming that:

  • the sponsorship will be maintained whilst you are studying
  • your sponsor is aware of your study plans and gives permission for you to attend all study-related activity
  • your intended course does not interfere with the activity for which the visa was originally issued.

Family member of an EEA national

If your visa shows that you are a family member of an EEA national, you must upload:

  • a copy of your EEA national family members' passport
  • proof that your EEA national family member is exercising their right of residence in the UK (for example a recent letter from the employer or education institution; a tenancy agreement; evidence of self-employment)

Non-dependent visa

If your visa is not dependent upon another person and is not being sponsored, you must bring your passport and visa with you to your enrolment appointment.

Asylum seeker

If you are an asylum seeker, you must bring your Home Office letter showing your immigration status and the conditions of your stay to your enrolment appointment.

Returning after an interruption to study?

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Tier 4 visa or a short-term study visa.

If you’re unsure what visa you need to secure before your return, contact 网赌正规网站网址’s Student Advice team by phoning +44 (0)20 7514 6250 or sending an email to