skip to main content

Tell Someone: report and support

网赌正规网站网址 is committed to promoting a safe and inclusive environment for all students. We take all reports of racism, bullying, harassment and sexual violence seriously.

The Tell Someone form enables you to record a concern and be put in touch with a member of staff to discuss next steps. We can let you know about the support available, discuss formal and informal ways of resolving an issue, and signpost you to further information. We will listen to you, and be guided by you in terms of considering next steps. You also have the option of making an anonymous report. Take a look at the information below for further guidance. Access the form here:

Tell Someone form

If you encounter any problems with the form, or would like any more information, please email

Further guidance

Jump to:

What is 'Tell Someone'?

‘Tell Someone’ offers a point of contact for students to report incidents and access support in relation to racism, bullying, harassment or sexual violence.

When you contact us through Tell Someone you are not committing to any specific course of action. The online form and email address is monitored by a small group of staff who have been trained in responding to and supporting students who have experienced racism, bullying, harassment or sexual violence. If you select ‘speak to a member of staff’ one of the people listed below will get in touch to discuss next steps:

  • Head of Counselling and Student Health
  • Head of Student Advice and Funding
  • Equality and Diversity Officer (Students)
  • Head of the Further Education Unit
  • Assistant Head of the Further Education Unit

The information you provide is treated as confidential and will not be shared without your agreement.

What happens if I select 'speak to a member of staff'?

One of the members of staff listed above will get in touch with you to set up a meeting or talk on the phone. They will listen to your concerns, help you to access support and discuss the different ways of resolving the issue. They will provide you with information about the University’s complaints procedure and formal routes for resolving concerns.

The member of staff will not make judgements as to whether a particular incident definitely constitutes misconduct. You can access support with making a formal complaint by contacting the Students’ Union Advice Service.

Where appropriate, the member of staff can assist you to resolve the concern informally, for example, by putting you in touch with someone at your College (e.g. Dean / Programme Director / Course Leader) who can help to resolve the issue. They may also explore the option of mediation where appropriate.

If you are reporting an incident of sexual violence the Head of Counselling and Student Health will get in touch with you directly. You can meet with her, or a member of her team, to talk about what has happened, the support available and possible next steps.

What happens if I report anonymously?

We are aware that some students would prefer to raise concerns anonymously. If you report on an anonymous basis, we are not able to commit to taking any formal action. However, the information can be used to identify whether there have been similar complaints and whether there is a pattern of behaviour or trends which should be investigated. We would encourage you to access support and advice, even if you choose to report anonymously.

What other support is available?

网赌正规网站网址 Counselling Service

The Counselling Service offers free, confidential one-to-one counselling for students. You can speak to a counsellor in private, and they will listen and support you. If you wish, the Counselling Service can assist with arranging adjustments to your study, support with extenuating circumstances, and can help you to access support from a range of other agencies.

Contact 网赌正规网站网址 Counselling Service

Students’ Union Advice Service

The Students’ Union Advice Service offers independent, confidential advice on a range of issues, including bullying, harassment and sexual violence. Students’ Union Advisers can assist you to resolve concerns through the formal complaints routes, or through informal means. Advisers can accompany you to meetings and can advise you on how university procedures work.

Contact SU Advice Service

What is Prevent?

网赌正规网站网址 is committed to ensuring it remains a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment for learning, teaching and research. Under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, 网赌正规网站网址 has a legal ‘Prevent’ duty to seek to prevent anyone from being drawn into violent extremism or terrorism. Visit to read our Prevent policy and find out more.

If you’re concerned someone is expressing views discriminatory against particular groups of people, is excluding others from activities or threatening others with violence, please contact

How do I make a formal complaint?

If the complaint relates to a member of staff you can submit a complaint via the Student Complaints Procedure.

If the complaint relates to a student, you can contact your Dean, in line with the Student Disciplinary Code.

We encourage students to contact the Students Union Advice Service for support with making a complaint.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.


500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

The questions we are asking will help us identify if there are any patterns of inappropriate behaviour occurring at the University. If you request to speak to a member of staff, the information you provide will help us identify the most suitable person and will provide them with useful background information to the concern or incident you are reporting.

The responses submitted to this form will also be used anonymously for reporting purposes to help the University to identify patterns and trends in the incidents reported in order to improve the way we respond to these. No names or other identifying information will be included in the data that we collect for these reporting purposes.

Other ways to get in touch

If you have any further questions, please email or phone 020 7514 6251.